Monday, May 17, 2010

Thing Twenty

Another fun THING! Youtube is pretty amazing. I use it often. I have watched important events, speeches, videos that my friends post of children and grandchildren, and even instructions for things I need to know. My favorite Youtube moment was when I spent the night in the hospital with my daughter and her two day old son! We watched Youtube when we needed instructions on how to swaddle the baby and didn't want to admit to the nurse that we were still struggling with it!
Tonight I had fun looking at old clips of some of my favorite entertainers like Jonathan Winters and Danny Kaye.
I'm posting a link to this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm6ktYq0Yxk
from the movie "The Five Pennies" where Danny Kaye and Louis Armstrong sing a fantastic rendition of "When the Saints Go Marching In." One of my all-time favorite films, and this is one of the highlights! I even learned the names of many composers with this song, when I first heard it as a kid.
I'm glad to introduce it to anyone who might read my blog!
I didn't enjoy the other video sites as much as Youtube.
The uses for Youtube in the library are almost limitless - as an instructional tool,advertising and also as a record of programming, which can be a learning tool in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment