Monday, May 17, 2010

Thing Nineteen

This was a really fun lesson too - to look over and explore one of the nominees for 2.0 Tool Awards. I took a look at Twitter, joined and chose a few sites (not sure of Twitter terminilogy) such as NYTimes Books, Neil Gaimon, Rachel Maddow, Sesame Street and Bill Cosby. I see that I already have several tweets to look at. I honestly don't know that I'll keep up with Twitter. I am not that curious about any of the tweets that I see so far. It seems like Twitter could be fun, but also something you could end up (dare I say) wasting a lot of time. Still I've been very curious to take a look at Twitter, since it's something you hear mentioned so often.
So now I've had my taste -- and who knows, maybe I'll be back!
I also took this opportunity to do part of a sample lession in French in Mango. It's fun! I imagine I might want to brush up on my French and Spanish knowledge through MCPL's Mango subscription, once I retire.
As for library applications, of course, we already are involved with both of these sites!

No comments:

Post a Comment