Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thing Twenty-Two

I enjoyed taking a closer look at Overdrive and NetLibrary. It was helpful to go onto our own website and get a better idea of what the pros and cons are for each of these sources for audiobooks. I feel that I am more comfortable in explaining the features to customers for each. I do think that NetLibrary was easier to navigate and seems to have many other advantages, such a longer loan periods, ability to check out more items at a time, easier availability of titles, ability to renew. I especially was interested in how many choices are now availabe for ipods. It seems to me that Overdrive might have more ipod-loadable titles than Netlibary.
I can see some choices that I am definitely interested in downloading. I imagine that when I choose to download some audiobooks to my computer or ipod, I will probably choose NetLibrary first. I like the range of children's books that are available, as well as many adult titles that interest me such as popular fiction and Pimsleur language courses that can be found on NetLibrary.
Very worthwhile dip into the land of audiobooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment