Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thing Seven

I'm back after being busy with lots of other things - library and family related, not to mention problems rememebering and resetting my password!
The assignment for this week is to write about something that I like about technology. As far as what I use at home, my three top favorites are
1. the ipod
2. Digital camera
3. Facebook
I'll focus on the ipod. My daughters and son-in-laws bought me an ipod for my 60th birthday and it has been a treasure. It's wonderful to be able to download music and copy music from my own CDs to my own little device. I love to have it along to listen to in the car and at home or wherever I am. I especially appreciate having music at my fingertips for times of stress. For example it was great to have my music keeping me company while in the dental chair for seven long minutes while I was getting an impression for a crown. It also helps to make household chores easier to enjoy while moving along to good music. I now have lots of music on hand when my grandchildren are over, so we can dance along to their favorites. Oh yes, and my ipod also makes a great alarm clock!
I have also enjoyed getting the knack of putting my music on the ipod for children's programming. So nice to be able to have everything so ready to go for my CuddleUps programs, where everything moves so fast. I'm glad to have had training at work to learn to to creat playlists so that I have music ready to go for many programs. Gone are the days of having to rewind music from cassettes. Thank goodness!
I know that there are still many features of itunes that I have yet to explore, but even from the little that I have mastered, I feel enriched.

No comments:

Post a Comment