Monday, February 22, 2010

Thing Six

This time I got to explore a little more and try out some Flickr mashups and 3rd party sites. I felt like I barely touched the surface of all there is to see - and to understand. I really thought that Montagr was really lovely. By choosing a word or subject, the application finds many pictures available in flickr with that tag and combines them into a mosaic of squares. It reminded me of like quickly making a beautiful quilt. My favorite two were mosaics of flowers and of snow. It was fun to see the whole mosaic and also beautiful to click on each individual square to see the details of each picture. I think that Montagr is one of the easier mashups to understand. I've been trying to see if I can copy a couple of pretty Montagr images to this blog but haven't mastered it so far.

I did begin working on the suggestion of working on a Librarian Trading Card, but still haven't gotten too far. I plan on going back to work on my card again soon. I spend way more than the 45 minutes allotted, but still feel like I don't totally understand how to make the mashups function too well. At least I know have a good idea of what a mash-up is though - a combination (hybrid) of featuresf from one application such as flickr with that of another to make a mixed or mashed web application.

No comments:

Post a Comment