Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thing Five
Flickr!! Wow, I hadn't realized what this was, other than seeing pictures from various branches posted on our library's website! It's very interesting! I was happy to see how great Wheaton's children's room looked in the pictures. I'm afraid it's much harder to keep it looking so good since we aren't staffing the children's room due to budget constraints. It's a reminder to me, though, to give even more attention to the looks of the room and to make it more inviting and easier to use for our customers. Hopefully we can use Flickr in other ways to engage our public's interest in our library.
I enjoyed looking at some other library sites, including Boston Public Library where I worked in the late '60's. I plan on going back to explore more library sites. I'm hoping to also find some useful photos of room, desk, and furniture arrangements in other libraries to brainstorm some things that would be good ideas for us. I would also love to see some storytimes on video! (maybe youtube will be a better source.)
I'm excited to see the potential for using Flickr for sharing my own photos. I hope to create a website myself as a way to sending pictures of (what else) my two grandchildren, Isaiah and Liana. Nice to have the time to sit down and play with the site on this blizzard-y afternoon.
Also enjoyed looking at some videos, especially some clips from a concert featuring my favorite people, Bernice Johnson Reagon and her daughter, Toshi Reagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment