Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thing Two

Just finished watching "The 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners." I always think of myself as being interested in so many things and wanting to constantly be learning new things about all kinds of things in the world around me. So, I was kind of surprised and disappointed to see that many of the 'Habits' were things that don't come easily to me! For example, my first instinct is to view problems as problems! It takes me a little bit of talking to myself before I begin to see them as 'challenges' that can be an opportunity for growth and problem solving. Also I do often lack confidence in tackling new things, especially if I have not had success or experience with something similar to them.
I believe that my strengths lie in my ability to create my own lifelearning 'toolbox' and to accept responsiblity for my own learning. I do love on-line trainings and now that I have successfully gotten started with '23 Things' I am very excited to really dig in! ( With the current snowstorm that we are in the midst of this week, I will also be 'digging out!')

No comments:

Post a Comment