Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thing Nine

I've been having fun this morning plowing around on the web, looking at various library related blogs as well as other sites with RSS feeds. I was very glad to explore MERLIN further, and see how to access upcoming trainings. I'm wondering if I should be trying to keep doing some library-related trainings on my own, after I retire at the end of May. I don't know if I should try to prepare to renew my certification next summer, even though I will be retired. In any event, I'm glad to have some tools at my disposal to look into. I also enjoyed seeing our feed as well as severl other libraries, esp. Howard County. I could spend all day just browsing the variety of things out there.
I also went to a couple of the other sites recommended, but had trouble with broken links for most of them. Is it me? I did enjoy using Syndic8.com and found several sites that I found interesting. I hope to go back to explore some more.I did subscribe to the sites for ALA and for Library of Congress:Upcoming Events. I also was glad to gt a look at the ALSC site and intend to keep track of their blog and wiki.
I didn't do too much with news related sites because I feel like I already have access to what I need. Other areas that I intend to explore further are sites on Early Literacy for children, other young child relates sites, as well as some health information areas and possibly some things involving music.
It does help to be more comfortable with all the things covered in this course and Ill appreciate being able to keep in the loop with library related sites when I am retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment