Monday, April 19, 2010

Thing Eight

The assignment is to learn about RSS newsfeeds and to set up a Bloglines account of my own. I have to admit that I spent some time spinning my wheels because some of the links didn't work for me. I finally got to see some links of videos on youtube explaining RSS and how to set up my account. My favorite Link on learning the process of adding RSS feeds to my Blogline acoount was the blog created
by Preetam Rai:
http://preetamrai.com/weblog/2005/4/25/using-bloglines-or-how-to-keep-up-with-dozens-of-blogs-every.html
which really took me through the process step-by-step.
I have now created my Blogline account and have added several feeds to my page. So far, I have subscribed to 12 feeds, focusing mainly on news, literature, library and recipes! I have already enjoyed reading one article on the latest winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Literature. I am excited with the idea that these feeds will help keep me in the 'know' about the lastest in books, news outlooks and of course, good recipe ideas!
I did try to go to a couple of websites that I like (mostly in the arts) but they don't seem to have feeds at this time. Now, I at least now how to look for feeds in the future and will be on the look for others that I might want to add to my acoount.
One big question I still have though: how to unsubscribe? I already linked to one that I'm not really interested in, but don't see how to drop it.
I hope to talk to colleagues at work to see what they like and if they know more of the ins and outs than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment